Incoming Exchange Students Studying at the Law School of Freie Universität Berlin (Erasmus Code: D BERLIN 01)
Welcome! The Law Department of Freie Universität Berlin is an attractive study abroad destination for many exchange students. During each academic year it is hosting up to 100 exchange students from its various European partner universities and from overseas.
The primary contact point for exchange students is the International Office at the Law School. We provide various services and individual assistance and are working closely with our colleagues from the FU Incoming Office in order to make our guests students' study abroad period a pleasant and memorable experience.
Prior to Arrival in Berlin
- Application and Prepaing your Stay
- Foreign Language Skills for Exchange Students Studying Law
- Planning your Journey - Academic Calendar
- Recommendations to Scholarship Holders
- Accommodation in a Student Dorm or Apartment (transfer to a website of the FU-affiliated Accommodation Service)
- Other Housing Options (transfer to a website of the FU-affiliated Accommodation Service)
After Arrival in Berlin - Orientation
After Arrival in Berlin - Academic Issues
- Course Access and Course Composition
- Courses for Exchange Students
- Course Registration with Campus Management
Exam Period and Departure
"Studying at Freie Universität Berlin has been a unique and wonderful experience. This university was my first choice as it is an internationally highly respected unit, that amazed me with the courses offered in many European languages. My stay at Freie Universität Berlin so far has exceeded my expectations. The classes I attend are conducted at the highest level by lecturers with extensive experience and extremely broad knowledge. The topics discussed relate to the current challenges facing lawyers and allow for a better understanding of the current situation through a thorough and interdisciplinary analysis of the past."
- Julia (22), exchange student from Wrocław, Poland