Students at the Law Department of Freie Universität Berlin should acquire the ability to comprehend the law and understand its philosophical, historical and economical foundations as well as the bases of law-making policy. In particular students should acquire the knowledge necessary to apply the law in the legal practice. They should also learn the methods for evaluating both legal decisions and the way how law is being shaped in a modern society. The aim of our programs is to establish a relationship to other disciplines and to legal practice so that the students learn how to integrate, by using interdisciplinary study methods, the findings of other disciplines into their own academic field.
- Information for high school graduates who would like to start the law programme targeted at the first legal examination
- Information for high school graduates who would like to start the law programme targeted at obtaining a Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.)
- Information for students from our partner universities who wish to take part in our undergraduate non-degree exchange programs
- Information for graduates with a first university degree who wish to take part in a Master's program
- Information for law graduates who wish to write a doctoral thesis