Ayşenur Öztürk Kayıklık
Born in 1992
Research assistant and PhD candidate, Marmara University Law School (Istanbul)
Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.): Istanbul University (2011-2015)
Master of Laws (LL.M.) in Private Law: Marmara University (2016-2018)
- Thesis: Applicable Law to Copyright Agreements (in Turkish)
PhD in Private Law:Marmara University (2018-Present)
- Dissertation (in progress): Public Policy Exception in the Application of Foreign Law (in Turkish)
Visiting doctoral researcher under supervision of Prof. Dr. Bettina Rentsch since July 2023
The doctoral research topic is “Public Policy Exception in the Application of Foreign Law”. Under Turkish conflict of laws there is an exception to the application of foreign law in case such application leads to a result evidently incompatible with Turkish public policy. Similar provisions exist in many jurisdictions. My research focuses on the concept of public policy in this context. I aim to comparatively examine the public order exception, its historical background, its functions, and how it is understood and employed when applying foreign law with reference to Turkish and European law.
- Law Applicable to Copyright Agreements in Turkish Law and Comparative Law (in Turkish), Istanbul 2019.
- “Law Applicable to Copyright Agreements with Digital Platforms: NETFLIX” (in Turkish) in: Atipik Sözleşmelere Uygulanacak Hukuk (ed.s: Sibel Özel/Hatice Selin Pürselim Arning), Istanbul 2020, pp. 33-67.
- “Competence-Competence and the Principle of Separability” (in Turkish) in: Tahkim Okulu Paneller Serisi Cilt-1 Tahkim Anlaşması (ed.s: Mustafa Erkan/Candan Yasan Tepetaş) Istanbul 2020, pp. 331-374.
- “Arbitrability of Intellectual Property Disputes in US, Swiss and Turkish Law” (in Turkish) in: Milletlerarası Tahkim ve Usul Hukukuna İlişkin Güncel Meseleler (ed.s: Sibel Özel/Hatice Selin Pürselim Arning), Istanbul 2022, pp. 1-36.
- Tahkim Okulu Paneller Serisi Cilt-3 Tahkim Yargılaması İkinci Bölüm (edited with Mustafa Erkan/Candan Yasan Tepetaş/Can Yöney/Seçil Etlioğlu Erçetingöz) Istanbul 2023.