Macarena Viertel Iñíguez MBL (FU Berlin)
Department of Law
By appointment (via email)
Ms Viertel is a graduate of the MBL-FU program and has been working as a research associate in our team since December 2022. She is a Chilean-qualified lawyer with an LL.B. and a Diploma in Competition and Regulation from the University of Chile. Since 2014, she centered her practice on antitrust and competition law, mainly cartel investigations, unilateral conducts and concentration operations. Her main focus is on competition law and digital markets. Ms Viertel is an active member of ASCOLA and Red ProCompetencia, a Chilean network that brings together professional women who work on competition and economic matters.
Regulation of Digital Markets
Non-Economic Goals of Competition Law
Cartels and Abuse of Dominance
- Nudging Competition authorities to work behind the gender lens, Kluwer Competition Law Blog, 2023.
- Some Thoughts on the Relevance of Including a Gender Perspective in Competition Law, CeCo, 2022.
- Preventive merger control and investment funds: comments on the definition of decisive influence, the delimitation of the parties to the filing and the competitive analysis, Revista de Derecho Económico Universidad de Chile, 2021.
- Corporate Acquisitions and Mergers: Chile (co-authored), Kluwer Law International, 2021.
- Legal agreements between competitors and their (lack of) regulation under Chilean law (co-authored), CeCo, 2020.
- Competition Litigation: Chile Chapter (co-authored), Global Legal Insights, 2020.
- Cartels, Enforcement, Appeals and Damages Actions: Chile Chapter, 2019.
- Defining Relevant Markets in Digital Ecosystems-Challenges under the Current Framework and a Path Forward, 18th ASCOLA Conference (Athens), 29.06 - 02.07.2023.
- The Influence of Choice Architecture in Digital Ecosystems on User Behaviour and Market Efficiency, 8th Annual Conference GRUR Junge Wissenschaft (Potsdam), 23-24.06.2023